Hearty Sweet Potato and Bean Stew
Perfect for Winter!
What better way to warm up on a chilly day than with a piping hot bowl of Isagenix friendly stew? With a slow cooker, this Isagenix recipe is a breeze (we also offer an alternative cooking method below should you not own a slow cooker). You can prepare it at the beginning of the day and return home to a ready-to-eat meal.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 cup red capsicums, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups pinto beans
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cups sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 450 grams of canned tomatoes, crushed
Directions with Slow Cooker:
- Over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan until it’s thoroughly heated.
- Add the carrots, garlic, onions and celery to the pan and sauté for three to five minutes, or until becoming slightly soft and browned.
- Pour the heated mixture into the slow cooker, and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Program your slow cooker to the low setting, and cook for eight hours. As with any slow cooker dish, it is fine to leave the stew in the slow cooker after the eight-hour cooking time. Just make sure it is on the ‘warm’ setting to avoid overcooking it.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until later. You can also freeze this stew and thaw it to enjoy later.
Directions with Pot:
- If you don’t have a slow cooker, don’t worry! Use a large pot on the stove.
- After pouring the sautéed ingredients into the pot, add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring everything to a light simmer over medium heat, and then reduce it to medium-low.
- With the lid on, cook while stirring occasionally for 45 minutes to an hour. You can tell it’s done when the sweet potatoes are tender.