With summer approaching, many people scramble to the gym in an effort to get beach ready. However, it is also important to remember the powerful impact a healthy diet can have.
Below are 10 recipes that are not only healthy but also simple and quick to make.
For starters, nothing beats the ease and nutrition of IsaLean shakes. They also make the perfect on-the-go meal or snack option for busy summer days and traveling.
Following is an example of an easy way to keep your shake fresh and exciting. Strawberries add a burst of nutrients and antioxidants along with a delicious summer flavour.
- 2 scoops of Vanilla IsaLean Shake
- 236ml of water
- 1 handful of ice
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Looking for other ways to add fresh flavour to your IsaLean shakes? Other easy options include adding a banana to your chocolate IsaLean Shake or a scoop of nut butter. Another delicious way to add a burst of flavour and extra nutrition to your IsaLean shake is with a scoop of fresh or frozen berries.
In terms of health, few foods can compete with salmon. With Omega 3 fatty acids, astaxanthin (a powerful antioxidant), protein, healthy fats, and more, salmon is a true superfood. It is surprisingly easy to make (the key is to be careful not to overcook it).
- A pinch of garlic powder
- A variety of vegetables (excellent ideas include green beans, asparagus, zucchini, carrots, and any other vegetables you enjoy)
- 140g to 230g salmon fillet
- 1 TB pesto
- Sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder over the salmon filet (you can also add a pinch of salt or pepper if desired). Arrange your vegetables of choice on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Place the salmon filet on top of the vegetables. Spread the pesto on top of the salmon (this step can be skipped if you do not like pesto or do not have it on hand). Wrap the foil around the salmon and veggies to seal the packet. Repeat as needed with additional salmon fillets if needed.
- Bake your foil packet(s) at 175 C (350 F) for 30 to 40 minutes. It is important to watch the salmon closely toward the end.
- Open foil packets, allow to cool, and enjoy. As a bonus, clean up is easy!
With how busy summer can get, it is essential to have a handful of healthy recipes that come together fast. This avocado tuna recipe is extremely simple, yet still packs a powerful dose of nutrition. Both avocados and tuna are packed with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 can or packet of tuna in water (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potatoes or 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Lemon juice
- Cut the avocados open and remove the pits. Add a scoop of tuna to the center of the avocado in the hole where the pit was. Drizzle lemon juice over the top. Serve with your choice of cooked sweet potatoes or quinoa.
- Makes 4 servings.
Looking for a fast way to get your protein and vegetables all at once? Then shish kabobs are an easy meal option to consider. They are also great for families or parties since everyone can customise their own by choosing their desired vegetable combinations.
- Chicken breasts
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pineapple tidbits
- Cooking spray
- Slice chicken breasts and vegetables and toss in pesto (or marinade of choice) to coat. Arrange the meat and veggies of choice on skewers. Add a sprinkle of garlic powder (or seasoning of choice) and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 175 C (350 F) for 40 min. or bake over the grill (the most fun way to make supper in the summer). Serving ideas include fresh fruit and corn on the cob as side dishes.
Fresh strawberries paired with sweet, thick poppy seed dressing is a delicious classic. The addition of white wine vinegar adds a bit of zing to the dressing, while almonds add crunch and healthy fats.
Paired with grilled fish or chicken and a side of berries, this meal is packed with both nutrition and flavour.
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 3 TBSP light mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP poppy seeds
- 1 TBSP white wine vinegar
- Cos lettuce
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 2 TBSP slivered almonds
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl and stir with a whisk. Place lettuce in a large bowl and toss with strawberries and almonds. Evenly divide salad among 6 plates and coat with dressing.
- Makes 6 1.5 cup servings.
With healthy carbohydrates from rice, protein from chicken, and a dose of veggies, this meal will keep you energised and nourished. It also comes together quickly and uses ingredients that are most likely already in your fridge and pantry.
- 4 eggs whites
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 115g chicken breast
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, cook egg whites, rice, corn, and zucchini with coconut oil.
- Top with grilled chicken breast, sprinkle with salt, and serve.
Trying to lower your carbohydrate intake? Want to increase your intake of vegetables? If so, there is nothing better or tastier than zoodles. Although the name sounds fun, the nutritional punch packed by these veggies is serious.
Zoodles are versatile, easy to make, and a delicious subtitute for pasta. They leave you feeling energetic and light rather than sluggish.
Try making zoodles using a spiralizer (these can be easily found online or in health food stores) and your favorite vegetables. While zucchinis are the most commonly used vegetable to make zoodles, other excellent options include sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, and any other types you want to try.
The options for topping your zoodles are endless, but here is a recipe to get you started.
- 2 zucchinis (small to medium sized)
- 2 avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 TBSP basil (1/2 cup of fresh basil can also be used)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cherry tomatoes
- Use a spiralizer to form noodles from the zucchini. Mix garlic cloves, basil, peppers, avocados, pepper, and olive oil using a food processor. Pour avocado sauce over zucchini noodles (these can be served raw or cooked). Top with cherry tomoatoes.
Ice cream that is healthy? Yes! With Isagenix, healthy ice cream is possible and the perfect summer treat. Aside from this ice cream being packed with vitamins and minerals, it is also easy to make (it doesn't even require an ice cream maker).
- 1 scoop of Chocolate Mint IsaLean Shake
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1/4 cup milk (your choice)
- 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add ingredients to your Isagenix IsaBlender. Blend until smooth and creamy, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the mixture into a container and place in the freezer for one hour. Scoop, serve, and enjoy!
Healthy carbs? Check. Healthy fats? Check. Protein? Check. Delicious flavour? Check. These indulgent protein bites have it all and are also easy to make.
They make a perfect option for a healthy snack in between meals, a yummy dessert, or a snack to bring along on a picnic or a day at the beach.
- 1 cup of nut butter of choice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 TBSP milk of your choice
- 2 scoops of chocolate mint IsaLean shake
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients (other than the chocolate chips) into a food processer and blend for approximately 10 to 15 seconds. If you do not own a food processor, you can also use a large bowl and spoon to mix up the ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips using a large spoon until evenly mixed in.
- Remove the dough blade, add in the chocolate chips and mix with a large spoon until well combined.
- Shape into balls and place in an air tight container to store in the refrigerator.
- Makes 15 to 20 balls.
Sometimes you just need a little indulgence in your diet. Fortunately, this rich, decadent fudge allows you to indulge while still being healthy! The secret ingredients? IsaLean Creamy French Vanilla and avocados!
Don't let the rich, creamy, sweet taste of these brownies fool you -- they are packed with nutrition! Thanks to walnuts, dates (nature's own healthy, natural sweetener!), and avocados, this fudge offers a host of health benefits.
- 2 large avocados
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1.5 cups dates (chopped and pitted)
- 2.5 cups walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 scoops of IsaLean Creamy French Vanilla
- Add the cocoa powder, avocados, salt, and protein powder to a food processor and process until smooth. Add 1 cup each of dates and walnuts and process until smooth. Add the remaining dates (1/2 cup) another cup of walnuts and process again until smooth. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of walnuts and process a final time.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and add the mixture in, pressing firmly with the back of a spoon to even it out. Freeze for a minimum of 3 hours before slicing into the desired amount of squares. Enjoy!