Perfect as Your Healthy 400-600 Calorie Lunch!
Put an Asian twist on your new healthy lifestyle with this mouth-watering dish. It prepares 10 servings and each serving is approximately 465 calories.
- 900g ground chicken – breast meat or thigh meat tends to work best
- 1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 8 eggs (beaten well)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped mixed vegetables
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 coarsely chopped onion
- 6 to 8 cups of cooked long-grain brown rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, brown sugar and soy sauce. Set aside.
- In a heavy, non-stick fry pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the eggs for around 45 seconds while stirring constantly. Stop when they are just set and then transfer them to a bowl. Set aside.
- In the same pan in which you cooked the eggs, add the onion and ground chicken. Sauté them until they are browned.
- Add the chopped vegetables, garlic and ginger, and then cook in the pan with the meat for one minute.
- Drain the excess fat from the pan, turn up the heat to high and add the rice. Cook for around one minute, or until it’s thoroughly heated through.
- Stir in the eggs and the soy sauce mixture and cook for another 30 seconds.
You’ll want to serve this dish immediately. It works great on its own, so there’s no need to worry about side dishes!