3 Isagenix Recipes for Your Footy Finals Party
It’s the best time of the year!
No, it’s not the holidays. It’s time to celebrate the best in Australian sport: the finals of the AFL and the NRL.
The Grand Final of the AFL will occur on Saturday, 3 October (read to the end of this post for my winner’s prediction). One day later, the Grand Final of the NRL will take place at ANZ Stadium in Sydney.
The footy finals offer a great chance for celebration (in moderation, of course)! However, they also offer a subtle opportunity for marketing; hosting your own AFL or NRL Grand Final party will give you the chance to serve up a tremendous party dish featuring Isagenix products. Try out one of these three recipes and your guests will be dying to know the ingredients. You may have a few new Isagenix clients by the end of the night!
Sydney Swans Salsa
Like the Swans’ 2015 season, this salsa can be hot or cool (in this case, depending on your preference.) Isagenix Greens give this appetiser a healthy boost; they may not know it, but your guests will be experiencing the incredible cleansing benefits of Isagenix.
- 1 tablespoon Isagenix Greens
- 3 medium tomatoes, stems removed, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (add more for a spicier salsa)
- 1 Serrano chili pepper, diced
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon diced oregano
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all items in a large bowl and taste. Add or subtract tomatoes and chilies for desired heat.
- This recipe serves four but can be easily doubled or tripled depending on the size of your party!
Canterbury-Bankstown Cucumber Cashew Rolls
These cashew rolls are a perfect small meal to serve at halftime of the NRL Grand Final. Toss in your favorite spices and flavours for your own twist on this easy Isagenix-friendly recipe.
- 6 cashews, finely chopped
- ½ medium tomato, finely chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 tortilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir lightly. Heat the tortilla in a medium-sized skillet, then brush with the dressing. Combine remaining dry ingredients in the tortilla and roll tightly.
- This recipe can be multiplied to meet the needs of your guests.
Gold Coast Suns Sorbet
Here’s a treat they’d be dying to try on the Gold Coast! This refreshing berry sorbet has the added bonus of Isagenix’s cleansing properties; the combination of Want More Energy and the Berry Cleanse for Life will work overtime to rid your body of impurities.
- 1 scoop Natural Rich Berry Cleanse for Life
- ½ scoop Want More Energy
- 90ml water
- Crushed ice
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Garnish with mint leaves or fresh berries if desired. Increase volume of ingredients to serve added guests.
My Tip for the AFL Grand Final?
While there can only be one champion of next month’s AFL Grand Final, these three recipes are guaranteed to be winners at your big party. As for me, I’ll be supporting my favourite team and perennial champion prediction, the West Coast Eagles. Keep your eye out for me if the Eagles are playing in the grand final; there’s no way I’ll miss being there for the Eagles next premiership!